Pages

  • Thursday, June 03, 2010

    The Mess at IMS 2010 (part 1).....

    I am very far behind on posting about the 2010 Mess at IMS, so sorry.....I've been busy! Anywho, I started going through the pictures last night and we have a lot more pictures than I realized so I am thinking I will be splitting this up into two posts (hence the "part 1"). So the pictures and recap below are of the Saturday before the race.....
    Most of you know that Chuck and his friends venture out to the coke lot on the Thursday morning before the race, they set up their tents, build the bar and wait for the guys with the big blue and white striped party tent to show up....
    Looks like a nice day....but it was HOT!! This giant tent came in very handy for staying out of the sun! When I arrived on Saturday afternoon it looked like this...
    During the day, we just hung out, played cornhole and caught up with people we hadn't seen in a while.




    Saturday night also happened to be the first night of the Stanley Cup Finals (note Chucks shirt), so Chuck set up a tv and we settled in for the game...

    Lots of thumbs up pictures since the Hawks won!
    After the Blackhawks game we could turn our attention to other things, such as beer pong...I am proud to say that Brian and I managed to beat the reigning champs (aka the Jimmy Chitwoods) in our first game! I say first game because once that happened, it turned to "best 2 out of 3"!









    It was a super fun night....it is still hard for me to pull myself away from Hannah, especially on a perfect pool weekend but I am glad I did. More pictures from the actual race to follow...

    Posted by Kim: comments
  • 0 comments: