Pages

  • Sunday, August 08, 2010

    Fun Run...

    I am pretty sure I have mentioned this before but Chuck is training to run the Columbus Marathon in October. I was not ready to step up to the plate and train for a full marathon but Hannah and I offered to be an awesome cheering squad and be available for moral support whenever needed. Saturday Chuck was scheduled to run 14 miles which happens to be the farthest he has ever run! Fortunately we found this awesome 5 mile run in Broad Ripple, our old stomping ground, which was stroller friendly and fairly flat. Since it is the middle of summer we try to incorporate structured runs into Chucks training schedule whenever possible because water and or gatorade is normally provided at some point on the course! So Chuck got up bright and early, drove to his office and ran 6 miles to the start of the race where he found Hannah and I waiting for him.

    The next 5 miles had to be much more enjoyable for him since he had Hannah and I. Chuck dropped us off at the finish line and headed on to finish his last couple miles. He did awesome and I am very proud of him for doing this! While he kept running Hannah and I enjoyed post race goodies and waited for the Kiddie run to start.
    I love races that are family friendly....






    I am sorry to say we missed the kiddie run because I couldn't get Hannah out of the bouncy tent!! Not gonna lie, can't really blame her, this looked like way more fun!!

    Posted by Kim: comments
  • 0 comments: