Pages

  • Monday, May 18, 2009

    Avocado...

    I love the weekends, especially the weekends that we don't have anything planned. Since there wasn't much on the agenda this weekend it ended up being a weekend full of firsts for Hannah. Pediatricians suggest starting foods at 6 months, Hannah turns 6 months old on Friday! Since I knew we had this weekend free I called the pediatrician last week to see if I could start solid food this weekend. I have decided to make my own baby food and after doing a little research I decided Hannah's first food was going to be avocado! High in good fat and fiber, plus really simple for me to make! So Saturday morning I mashed up a couple avocados, stuck Hannah in her highchair and gave it a whirl! I think she liked it!



    Other then that Chuck, Hannah and I just hung out. I went to Babies R Us on Saturday and bought Hannah a bunch of teething toys and a sippy cup, so besides solid food we tried a sippy cup this weekend. She is actually pretty good at holding it and putting it to her mouth, she hasn't quite figured out that she needs to tilt it for anything to come out!



    Well, its a race week, Chuck's favorite time of year! I made Hannah her first Mess t-shirt yesterday, I will post photos shortly....

    Posted by Kim: comments
  • 0 comments: