Pages

  • Monday, May 04, 2009

    There is always next year....

    Well, the first 6 miles of the mini were awesome, I felt great, my legs felt great and the weather was perfect...then I took a drink of gatorade and it was all downhill from there. They say that you shouldn't do anything differently the day of the run than you did on any of your training runs and this year in the few training runs that we did we did not take gatorade with us. Mile 6 right after we stopped for a pit stop right inside the track (thank you IMS for providing something besides a port-o-let) I thought I was going to get sick and I could not recover....Poor Chuck, had to be miserable running with me, sorry hun, but he made the best of it and pushed me through to the bitter end!! I am very disappointed in the outcome but I have to keep reminding myself that I had a baby 5 months ago so I should be ok with it, and there is always next year!!

    The first 5 miles we finished in 49:34 and that was even with a first mile that took us over 10 minutes because of all the people we had to run around!!! I'm telling you I can pin point the minute that I knew the rest of the race was not going to be pretty!

    Finish time was a whopping 2:17:56

    Besides the outcome of the mini the weekend was fantastic! We had lots of people over Saturday night to watch the derby. Plus it was two solid days with Hannah.

    Posted by Kim: comments
  • 0 comments: