Pages

  • Friday, May 07, 2010

    2010 Mini Marathon Weekend....

    Well, it is almost here, Indianapolis Mini Marathon weekend!!! Chuck and I have been running this mini since 2004, but it is still a weekend that we look forward to every single year!! Not only is it something that we spend time training for (time that is getting harder and harder to find) but it also kicks off the month of May which is Chuck's most favorite month of the year!


    Last year I posted this, and well the mini was definitely a complete bust for me (which means it was an even bigger bust for Chuck, since we stick together during the run) and I ended up posting "There is always next year"! Well, it is "next year", I am a little bit older and a little bit wiser and I have come to a few conclusions about running....

    1. I really do love running

    2. As much as I love running, if I have to choose between a half hour of running and a half hour with Hannah, I choose Hannah!

    3. The time that it takes me to finish tomorrow is not all that important, enjoying the run is my main objective.

    4. I say time is not all that important but really I am lying!

    So....this year training has been a bit different. Chuck and I normally do all our training together, but with both of us working full time, Chuck traveling now for work and both preferring to play with Hannah instead of running we have done most of our running during our lunch hours on treadmills in seperate gyms. We have only had the opportunity to do one long (10.5 mile) run together!

    This year I am also running for the Cure! I was so excited when I learned about the opportunity to raise money for Breast Cancer while doing something that I love. Thank you to everyone who supported me and helped me reach my goal. Tomorrow Chuck and I will use that support to help us through the 13.1 miles!

    I am REALLY looking forward to tomorrow. I am crossing my fingers that the weather gods are kind and that Chuck Lofton is correct when he said this morning that the storms will be out of the Indianapolis area by midnight tonight! I'll keep you posted on how we do!
    On a side note...look at this cutey before daycare this morning....

    Posted by Kim: comments
  • 1 comments:

    David Egan said...

    Hot news - http://bit.ly/dzmDTw