Pages

  • Thursday, May 22, 2008

    And the festivities have begun...

    I woke up yesterday morning and really didn't even feel pregnant, if I hadn't gotten up 4 times in the middle of the night I might have been a little worried, but yesterday afternoon about 3:00 pm as usual I started to feel like crap which was not a good thing because we were heading to the airport to pick up Kevin and Kayt and I didn't want to be a party pooper! They say around weeks 12-14 you should really start feeling better and I am hoping that is the case for the weekend ahead.

    Well this morning I got up as usual, felt really pretty good, and got ready for work. Chuck has the rest of the week off so you would have thought he would still be sleeping but he was up with me and loading the car to go out and choose the spot in the Coke lot! A bunch of the guys met at the Coke lot this morning about 8:30 am, I heard from Chuck around noon and the party tent had been set up, our tents were good to go and he was heading home for the last load and to get cleaned up before it was time to go to Hooters and begin the 2008 Mess at IMS!

    Tonight the plan is to lay low, and rest up for tomorrow. I am dragging Kayt to Old Navy with me with hopes on finding a pair of drawstring capris that I can live in this weekend. It seems all of a sudden my pants just aren't that comfortable anymore but I am really not ready to make the leap into maternity clothes!

    Chuck has told us to be at the track around 10 tomorrow morning, which means we need to leave our house around 9:30, head to McDonald's because I am sure Chuck will place an order in the morning and I am not going to turn down a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit that I have now been craving for 2 weeks and still haven't gotten, then on to Carb Day!

    So, I am crossing my fingers that what everyone says is true and at 13 weeks I will get my energy back and not feel sick in the afternoons. We will see how that goes. The forecast looks amazing and I am really looking forward to a long weekend enjoying the weather and hanging out with friends. Wish me luck! Happy Memorial Day! Go TK!!! (Oh, and whoever I pull in the race pool this year)

    Posted by Kim: comments
  • 0 comments: