Pages

  • Tuesday, May 20, 2008

    Going to be a totally different experience...






    This is the week before the running of the 2008 Indy 500, if you live in Indianapolis this is a huge deal, the city is buzzing and "Welcome Race Fans" signs have popped up everywhere. If you marry into the Dodge family this is not just a huge deal everything else is put on hold except for packing and preparing for the largest spectacle in racing!
    Fortunately for Chuck (or unfortunately, not quite sure what he thinks!), I do enjoy going to the race and all of the hoopla that seems to come along with it. I love knowing that we will get to see most everyone at least one time a year, I love that everyone comes here and tries as hard as they can to drink like they are still in college and I love the mass of people that end up on our couches and floors the Sunday night after the race!

    However, this year for me is going to be a totally different experience, while I am normally concerned with finding a plastic bottle of vodka to take into the track for the traditional vodka and lemonades and Chuck is concerned with getting his race beer, camping supplies, cornhole and any marroon and gold apparell he can find (See pic on right). This year since I am going to be 13 weeks pregnant and I have other priorities...I am making sure we are stocked with snacks (sweet and salty cause who knows what I will feel like or will be able to stomach), water, gatorade and enough toilet paper for the numerous times I am most likely going to have to hit the port-a-let, at 2 am, 4 am and 6 am on Saturday night (the only night I am sleeping at the track!). I am crossing my fingers that Waste Management is timely with their cleanings this year!!

    The preliminary forecast is looking amazing for this weekend and I am really looking forward to getting a new perspective on what we do every year on Memorial Day weekend! I am hoping that I can still hold my own in beer pong and corn hole even without the aid of a beer in my free hand and I really need to thank Ashley for stepping up to the plate and drinking for 2! Let the festivities begin....

    I have included some pics from previous years...

    Posted by Kim: comments
  • 0 comments: