Pages

  • Tuesday, May 13, 2008

    Playing catch up...

    I've been debating about starting a blog for a couple weeks now, seems like a great way to share this new experience that Chuck and I are going through with friends and family and keeping everyone updated without making tons of phone calls. I also thought this would be a good way to look back when this experience is all over to see if it is something I might actually consider going through again!!

    To get everyone caught up to speed, we found out we were pregnant on April 2, 2008. We confirmed that I was close to 6 weeks pregnant with the doctor on April 3rd! Ha, super excited and totally panicking at the same time. The following week, we told immediate family and I started feeling like crap. Fortunately for me, the crappy feeling that was hitting me daily was not kicking in until the afternoon, which made training for the mini (which I was still determined to do) after work not so much fun, but long runs on Saturday mornings were still fine!

    April 17, our first "real" doctors appointment with the doctor we would become very close friends with over the next 9 months. We didn't get to hear the heartbeat at this appointment but she said that was totally normal and everything was looking great!

    April 26, first completely sober bachelorette party! I really don't suggest that to anyone!! Although it was totally worth every minute for Erin and I wouldn't have missed it for anything!

    On May 3rd, 10 weeks pregnant we ran the Indianapolis mini marathon, I thought it would be great but boy was I wrong! Maybe not doing a long run the weekend before made it a little more difficult but that was the longest and hardest 13.1 miles I have ever ran. I owe Chuck and love him so much for sticking with me and making it as fun as possible!!

    That pretty much brings everyone up to speed, I am now over 11 weeks pregnant, I went for my first run since the mini last night and it felt pretty good to be out and moving again. I am Still really tired but otherwise starting to feel much better and am looking forward to all the strange, interesting but really exciting things that are going to happen to our growing family over the next 7 months!!

    Posted by Kim: comments
  • 0 comments: