Pages

  • Wednesday, October 15, 2008

    33 + weeks...

    So after my fun filled weekend of little girl shopping sprees and working on nursery stuff I get an email reminder that I am 33 weeks pregnant. Now when I tell people how far along I am instead of saying that I have plenty of time they say "she will be here before you know it!!"

    So here is what my update said...

    Your pregnancy: 33 weeks
    This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

    All of that being said I am starting to get so excited to meet our little girl. I want to see her and put all the soft, pretty clothes that I bought on her and after my productive weekend I actually feel like we are ready for her (well as soon as we at least get a pack n play) for her to sleep in!
    Tonight we head to our second child preparation class, the first one was a couple weeks ago and that was infant CPR, tonights is "Childbirth Express". I am assuming after tonights class we will have some idea of the adventure we are about to have. I'll let you know how it goes.....

    Posted by Kim: comments
  • 0 comments: