Pages

  • Wednesday, October 22, 2008

    BeautifuLengths....

    So I am over 34 weeks pregnant, my little ticker says we have 40 days left until this little girl is supposed to arrive. Very hard to believe. I am actually feeling really good, large but good. Trying to get things done after work around the house is proving to be a little more difficult but other then that I still feel like I have been very lucky and have had a very easy pregnancy!

    The update for this week
    Your pregnancy: 34 weeks
    Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

    Other news....I chopped my hair!! You can see it in my 34 week picture to the right...I have had the appointment to do it for about 3 months now and I am very happy to finally have it done. My mom says she can't remember me ever having hair this short. I only trusted Kim (someone I have been going to since junior high) to do it. I needed 8 inches cut off so I could donate it to BeautifuLengths. Not going to lie I thought it was really creepy when she handed me this pony tail and I had to walk out of the salon with it in a plastic zip lock bag, but hopefully BeautifuLengths will be able to use it and make someone a beautiful hairpiece!

    This past weekend was the last weekend for me to do any traveling, I am staying here in Indy on the weekends until this little girl arrives. Probably a good thing cause all I feel like doing these days is getting things ready and set up for her!

    Posted by Kim: comments
  • 1 comments:

    Emily Malone said...

    your hair looks great! i had no idea you were growing it out to donate it - how cool.

    im sure you FEEL huge, but honestly, you look wonderful.

    not much more time now...!